Communication and Interpersonal Skills
QUICK PAYDebit Card/ Credit Card
SEND AN INQUIRYTalk to our team!
This highly interactive workshop helps develop skills and strategies for successful communication in the modern business environment, beginning by looking at the definition of effective business communication, the use of appropriate language and tone, how to plan your communication, face to face communication, how to communicate effectively by phone and listening skills.
For the better part of every day, you are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look that you give to the cat, it all means something. This workshop will help you understand the mechanics and methods of communication and how to make the most of them.
- Understand the principles of communication and interpersonal skills
- Learn strategies for communicating your message clearly
- Understand the different communication styles and learn how to adapt to others
- Explore ‘Transactional Analysis’ principles applied to interpersonal skills
- Understand P-A-C ego states (modes)
- Learn strategies on how to build ‘rapport’
- Understand the barriers in communication and how to overcome them
- Practice the use of active listening and questioning skills
- Understanding aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- Explore strategies to enhancing assertiveness
Below is an example of the course content. The content can be ‘tailored’ to meet the exact requirements of the client.
- Understand the nature of communication
- Communicating a positive image
- Creating clear messages
- Discover your communication style
- Recognising different communication styles
- Communicating effectively with others
- Understand P-A-C
- Verbal clues of P-A-C
- Body language and P-A-C
- Framework for effective listening
- Strategies to better listening
- Getting others to listen to you
- Types of physical interference affecting communication
- Positive and negative organisational climates
- Overcoming the barriers to communication
- Understanding I’m ok, you’re ok life scripts
- Improving organisational communication
- Promoting better relationships
- Communication between managers and employees
- What is assertiveness and what it is not!
- The different behavioural styles
- Self-confidence and self-esteem
- Negotiating a win-win situation
The foundation of our training is anchored in activity-based experiential learning. This methodology takes into consideration different learning and communication styles, and more importantly language and cultural differences. It is through active participation that the adoption and application of theory is expedited.
Our training team pays careful attention to planning and designing effective instructional methods essential for the transfer of knowledge. It is the creative skill of our management trainers and consultants that reveal untapped skills of the delegates through:
- Group discussion
- Individual and syndicate activities
- Individual and group tasks
- Case studies
- Role plays
- Audio and video evaluation
- Action planning
- Experiential learning games